Tuesday, August 12, 2008

sumi horses painted on Chinese silk







I am now working on a commission and trying to paint something similar to a painting that sold last May. Many people expressed interest in the painting and one has asked for one like it. I normally don't accept commissions, but this is for a friend of a friend, and so...I will try. I often paint what I think of as wild horses, or mustangs, running free, though one of these paintings looks more like two ponies just running in for their dinner. I love horses and painting on silk is a departure for me; it is quite different from painting on rice paper because it is heavily sized and that makes it tough to get the soft grays I usually strive for. It is good to experiment, however.
And so I will continue to paint horses on silk for a while...






No comments:

Post a Comment